Enforcing Divorce Agreements After Divorce Is Final

After a family court order has been established whether through a divorce, or otherwise, the terms of the family court order are to be followed at all times by all involved parties. If either party violates the terms of the order, the other party may have the order enforced, resulting in a contempt action for the individual who violated the order. If you are in need of assistance with the enforcement of an established order or need to protect yourself when an order is being enforced, turn to an experienced Iowa family law lawyer.

At Herbold Law PC, our firm has years of experience handling all aspects of family law matters for clients including those that arise after a divorce or after a family court order has been created. Whether we were the firm that handled your initial family law issue or you need our help now for the first time, we can provide the guidance and advice you need.

Questions about your rights? Contact an enforcement lawyer at our firm today.

Enforcing An Order

Whether it is regarding custody arrangements, child support payments or alimony payments, any court-approved order can be enforced. If an individual is not paying his or her support obligations, or is violating your rights under the order, the orders can be enforced by the court. This may result in a contempt action against the violator, which could mean needing to pay for attorney fees or other consequences of their actions, or even receiving jail time.


It is important that any changes you need or wish to make go through the court system. If you and the other party made changes to the order without the approval of the court not only are the terms of that arrangement not enforceable but you may be held in contempt of the original order if the other parent no longer agrees to the changes. If you are even considering changing or modifying a previously established order it is in your best interest to consult with a knowledgeable attorney to ensure that your rights are protected and that the proper procedures are being followed. The cheapest time to modify your court order is when both parties agree to the changes that need to be made.

Contact A Lawyer To Discuss Enforcement Of Support Payments

Contact us to schedule an appointment. During this time, you can learn more about your enforcement case, and the ways in which we can help you resolve the issue.